Got my VR6 back

Hi everyone, chris collier here,

I picked up my Jetta from the shop on this past Saturday morning, and
stuck it in the garage since I was headed out of town.

I fly in this morning, and after a little nap, went and got the Jetta
out.

Work done:

Zender Softline A3 front bumper/spoiler installed and painted
Zender Softline A3 side skirts, painted but not installed
Mattig A3 Jetta badgeless grille installed and painted

Impressions:

First impression is WOW!!!!
But the more that I look at it, there is something wrong; i don't mean
in a workmanship aspect of wrong,  but in a design aspect of wrong.

I think that it might be the Mattig badgeless with the Softline front
end; I almost feel as if they are competing against each other, rather
than compliment each other.

The bumper is very rounded, smooth, and contemporary (almost updating to
the car); whereas the grille is more rigid, straight, slates are defined
(more dating of the car)

I don't know if everyone is familiar with the Mattig grille, but it
looks exactly like the grille from a 95 Jetta, that has been debadged.

I will post some pics tomorrow when I take some with the digital camera,
and then I can get everyone's opinion.

But until then, I am looking for a Transforma grille, or some type of
grille that is more rounded, with a single opening in the front, instead
of one that is separated by multiple slates.

Potterman does not have anymore of the Transforma grilles (which I had
on my car prior to the accident)

I think that the EVO grille might still be a little too drastic as far
as the opening.

If anyone has any suggestions, please forward them to me.....

I guess I could always switch to a Golf hood, Golf headlights, and then
would have more selections when it came to grilles, but that seems to be
an awfully expensive change, in order to find the right grille.

chris collier
collier@iglou.com