Re: Smog Problem on '91 Jetta GLX

In a message dated 1/15/2002 9:42:32 AM Central Standard Time,
viva_soccer@hotmail.com writes:

> Before I replaced the starter ignition switch, I got this
> problem...  I would be driving down the road and all of the sudden it
> felt like the auto-choke would kick in.  I felt like I would lose power.
> I would turn the key off and refire the engine.  Boom, problem gone...
> until a few mile down the road when it would happen again.

Just a thought: How much stuff do you have on your keyring?

I've heard of people having an extraordinary amount of 'stuff' on their
keyring, and it puts strain on the ignition switch, causing a failure and all
sorts of weird maladies. When these folks swap out their ignition switch, the
problem goes away - for a while. If you have more than about 6 keys on there,
or carry a bunch of keyrings/fobs/cutesie stuff on there, lose it, and
replace the ignition switch.  The problem should resolve itself more or less
permanently after that.

Dave
11 Sep 01
Always remember