Re: Smog Problem on '91 Jetta GLX

Dave

It is a 2.0 16v.  No fuel enrightment - everything is stock.  My friend
who owns a German Shop said that we might have to look into replacing the
ECU.  I am not happy about it.  But if that's all that will work, then it
looks like I will go that way.

One other quick quesiton, I am looking to sell it.  It is in MINT
condition.  I have a ton of pic's and a laundry list of aftermarket
components on it - Recarro, BBS, Euro headlight setup, and on, and on...
Can I post that on here?  And do you know of any other VW Distribution
Lists on the West Coast (specifically Northern California) I can add it
to?

Again, I appreciate all your help

Stacey

Folsom, CA

8V or 16V? Sounds like the ECU is getting a 'fuel starvation' signal from
somewhere, and it's pouring the gas to it.

Do you have some kind of fuel enrichment module hooked up or something?

Dave 11 Sep 01 Always remember