Re: Burning oil

In a message dated 1/7/2002 4:02:50 PM Central Standard Time,
dgibbons@openroad.ca writes:

> Does anyone have a VR6 that doesn't consume oil?

'98 GLX, 33,xxx. Mobil1 since 5k. Thrashed regularly, negative on oil
consumption.

Come to think of it, none of my A2 Jettas burn oil either. I must live
right....

The squeak you heard is most likely the belt-tensioner pulley. Mine does it
when cool/cold outside. Kind of a medium-high pitched 'whirr' noise, for
about 5-15 minutes. Yours sound similar?

Dave
11 Sep 01
Always remember