RE: side molding

Someone asked this same question a few months ago and here was my reply to them.
I did all four doors about four months ago and have had no problems so far.  Hope
it helps...

I used 3M Scotch Mount Acrylic foam tape.  The part number is 06384.  If you are
retaping all of your doors then you will need two rolls, or you can buy one larger
roll (that part number is 06382).

Make sure the weather is warm and that it's not going to rain in the next day or
so after you do it.  Remove the trim that you want to retape (it will just pull
off the door, but be careful not to bend it).

Lay the trim piece upside down (taped side up) on a towel.  Using a plastic putty
knife or some other kind of plastic scraper, scrape off the existing foam tape and
any residue from the trim.  Wiping the tape side down with acetone helps a lot.
There are two pieces of tape - one on the top of the trim and one on the bottom.
This process may take a while, but get off as much tape as you can.  When you have
the tape removed, clean the trim piece again with acetone.

Then you need to remove any tape and residue from the door.  When I pulled my
trim, there was very little tape left on the door - most came off on the trim.
Also clean the door with acetone, but only the indented part that holds the trim
(obviously).

and stick one end on the trim piece, overlapping the edge by about a half inch.
Then very carefully adhere the rest of the tape to the trim piece, keeping it as
straight as possible.  Once this stuff is on, it won't come off easily, so do it
carefully.  The trailing edge should also overlap about half an inch.  Cut both
ends of the tape flush with the trim piece.

back on your door.  Be careful to get it straight because once it's on, it's on.
Press along the entire length of the trim piece to get a good bond.  Just repeat
this for any other piece you need to do.  Make sure the weather is reasonably warm
and that it's not going to rain soon.