RE: The light of dooooom

I had a similar problem.  After I changed the plugs on my 98 GLX (and had a
problem with one of the wires continually popping off the #4 plug), my engine
light came on.  I figured it would go away after I solved the wire problem.  It
didn't.  For about two months the light remained on, even though I had fixed the
plug wire and the car ran fine.  I was going to take it in to see if it just
needed to be reset or if there was in fact something else wrong.  And then out of
nowhere, this past weekend, the light went off and so far has stayed off.  The car
runs fine with no HP or gas mileage problems.