The light of dooooom

Hey guys, I recently had my distro and cracked cap replaced hoping that it
would solve my ENGINE LIGHT problem, and it did. However, once I got use to
crusin' around with my great looking console, (no warning lights) the
infamous light came back on again. I will admit that I'm anal and this light
is getting in the way of my character traits, but the worse thing is that
I've noticed a change in power and a DISTINCT change in gas mileage. Unless
I'm having flashbacks; I can all but see my gas gauge move.  Any advice
would be awesome.

John
'97 8v Trek

Sent using the Entourage X Test Drive.