RE: Front end shimmy

Ah yes.  You put on new rotors.  I know this one.  Did you manage to secure
them to the hub using the little brass screws?  Or did you wind up drilling
off the heads of the old brass screws and leaving their stumps in the hub?

If you simply left the old screw stumps in the hub and didn't bother
properly lining the discs up with the hub (i.e. the five wheel bolt holes
AND the small hole for the securing screw are PERFECTLY aligned- this is
important!), your disks are not sitting flush with the hubs, i.e. they're
slightly cocked.  I've had this happen to me when the local inspection guy
took my wheel off and wound up moving a rotor out of aligment (my securing
screw had stripped) and then putting the wheel back on.

The solution:

- Take off wheel
- Align disk with hub (bolt holes AND screwhole!)
- Put wheel back on
- Email with questions

Let me know what happens.

Good luck!
Seth

----SNIP-----

I just replaced the brakes on my '97 GLX last week.  It got new pads,
rotors, and fluid.  I now have a bad steering wheel shake at 65 MPH+.  It
was rock solid before I did the work and I can't think of what could be off.
It feels like an out of balance tire so I rotated the rear to the front but
got the same result.

"Words do not express thoughts very well.
  They always become a little different
  immediately after they are expressed, a
  little distorted, a little foolish."

  'Siddhartha'  (Hermann Hesse, 1877-1962)