Front end shimmy

This is the breakdown.  The car is a '97 Jetta.  It has 58,000 miles and
everything is original, tires, rotors, and pads.  I am selling the car so I
desided to replace the rotors, pads, and bleed the brakes.  Before the brake
job the car drove perfect.  It tracked straight, didn't pull under braking
and the steering wheel was rock solid.

OK, so I finish the job and take the car out for a spin to bed in the
brakes.  Everything feels perfect.  The next day I get the car up to speed
on the highway and feel a bad shimmy in the steering wheel like an out of
balance tire.  I got home and put the Jetta up and rotated the tires just to
see if it would correct the shimmy.  No dice.  Now I am back to square one.
I have an add in the paper to sell the car this weekend so I would like to
fix the problem.  Anyone have any idea what the cause could be?  The car
still drives straight with and solid pedal and no pull under braking.  I
havn't had the balance on the tires checked yet.  I just don't see how one
day they could be fine and the next be off.

Any idea's?  Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks,

Steve Nash