Re: Routien maintenence

In a message dated 10/25/2001 8:46:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
nashflr@erols.com writes:

> What about the coolant itself?  The car is a '97 with 54,xxx miles.  It is
> also an automatic but I understand there can be warranty issues if I change
> the tranny fluid.  Is that true?

New one on me... If you're that worried about it - have the stealer change
the trans fluid. This way if it goes tits-up after, it's on them.

The G12 coolant is good indefinitely. As long as it checks out within
protection limits, and doesn't look completely nasty, I'd say leave it as is.

BTW, what's the build date on your car? VW changed from G11 to G12 during the
MY97 build.

Your tank should say which it is, but if not:
G11 - blue/green
G12 - red

Cheers,

Dave