RE: Cruise Problem

This may not be the problem others are having, but the cruise control on my
97 GLX used to work intermittently.  After months trying to track down the
problem, I finally figured out that it was the clutch pedal!  The cruise
control must be designed so that it "disengages" when it thinks your foot is
on the clutch.  For whatever reason, my clutch pedal was sometimes not
returning fully, so the cruise wouldn't work.  Whenever the cruise control
wouldn't work, I just stuck my foot under the clutch pedal and pulled it up.
Then the cruise would work fine.

John Chasse
Vice President - Marketing
Hitachi Credit America Corp.