From: "Frank M." <nyroadbiker@hotmail.com>
To: "GLX Mail List" <jettaglx@igtc.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 10:27 AM
Subject: It's time to replace the Fog lights

Thanks to all that offered their service manual up for sale, however rapid
parts finally came through and got the book in stock, which i got on Saturday.
So the fist thing i looked up is how to change these freakin' fog lights (both
of them died).  in the manual they say first remove the 'dummy' lens and then
remove the 2 screws that are holding the fog light housing in place.  so i
start unscrewing the first screw, and i see that it's not coming out.  I then
realized that there is a nut holding it in place, which i can't get to, to
hold.  has anyone else had this problem.  do i have to jack up the car to
replace the blubs?  thanks for your help.

frank

98 GLX

* next project - install a new stereo system (MP3-CD player) / speakers