Re" I want my cruise back...

I recently had to replace my wiper stalk as it turned out ot be the cause
of the mystery puff of smoke I would occasionally see from behind the wheel
(it is not dust on the air bag contacts, as the VW urban legend seems to
go...) and also replaced the cruise stalk. I was hoping the cruise problem
would be fixed, but no good. I am going to look at a vacum leak, and also
at the center spring. I hear a clicking when I work the clutch so I think
that the spring is a goner, but it didnt work before this began. I wonder
how much the brake and clutch switches are...I might just replace them
first. Either way, there seems to be no easy fix...

Sean
aka EuroStyle
---