Upgrading Rear Speakers

I want to upgrade the rear speakers in my '98 GLX? It came with the non-bose
system, but I've changed everything but the rear speakers to Blau
components. Some time ago, I removed one of the factory speaker/baffle
assemblys from the rear window shelf to see how I'd go about swapping out
the speaker. It didn't look like I could easily get the speaker out of the
factory baffle without doing some damage. Then, I placed a baffle from one
of my front Blau speakers on the window shelf as a test, and it wasn't large
enough to cover up the ugly area that had been covered up by the factory
baffle. I ended up leaving the factory rear speakers in place.

Is it possible to get the factory assembly apart and put in an upgrade
speaker, or is there a better way to handle this?

Brian Wanamaker
'98 Jetta GLX, Black/Beige leather
Strictly stock, 42,000 miles, and runnin' great