Re: well it happened..... accident story

In a message dated 29-Jun-01 09:00:23 Central Daylight Time,
jchadwic@ch2m.com writes:

<< My passenger side doors won't open right, the back one doesn't open at
all. And you have to slam the front one closed. There was a crack underneath
where the tow hook connects, but other than that, the frame "looks" ok. How
much does the damage look like? And does anyone know of a good shop to take
it to?? Maybe get some "body shaving" done at the same time.  ;) >>

Well, first the good news: it's fixable, and you walked away from it. Now the
bad news: yep, the unibody is tweaked. What does the roof look like? Any
waves or buckles anywhere? Like near the c-pillars?

Uni is definitely bent, but not to the point (IMHO) that the car needs to be
retired. They'll stick it on a frame rack and pull this and push that and
everything *should* fall back where it belongs. Happened to me in an A2
Jetta, and they were able to get it pretty straight again. Just make sure
that they do a THOROUGH inspection, and get everything. Guessing $4500+ in
damage.

Cheers,

Dave
'88 Jetta coupe