Re: Strange electrical problems

One quick thing would be to reset the ECU.

Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery (get your radio code BEFORE you do all this). Take
off the trim gutter panel thingie from the passenger's side (the gutter at the bottom of the
windshield). It has stupid plastic trim screws that could be quite a pain to remove.

Once this is gone, you can see your ECU and the wiring and harness that goes to it. Disconnect by
cutting the wire tie that should be holding the slew of wires to the plastic hood at the ECU housing
and sliding the hood towards the back of the car. It should give eventually (someone else PLEASE
post if I am forgetting a step) and free the whole bundle and the connector.

Leave if off for a sec just to make sure it loses any potential electrons it may have lying around,
and reconnect. It only goes on one way, and the part that slides is what pulls it into the connector
and locks it in place. Re-tie the wiring bundle, replace trim cover, reconnect battery terminal.
Alarm horn will meep once (beware doing this in a closed garage :-)

See if that fixes it; it has fixed a few problems with my overhead light and the alarm being
delayed...

Good luck!

# Nathan
1996 GLX