Re: Coolant temps

I'm pretty sure normal would be rock solid straight up.
Mine has never moved from like a micron left of
straight up when warm, no matter how I drive it in
ambient temps of up to about 105 farenheit.

Could it possibly be a coolant leak... Have you checked
your system for white crud or drips? Maybe it's a
pressure leak in the coolant reservour? It could also
be the thermostat... how long has the car gone without
a coolant flush?

Just a few ideas :-)

# Nathan
1996 GLX (no longer leaking coolant edition)

Quoting John Deeny <asland@rapidnet.com>:

> Lately I have been experiencing (in my 95 Jetta GLX)
coolant temperatures
> that bounce around between 195 (center of guage) to
212 (one click towards
> 230) during normal city driving in temperatures of 80-
100. It has hit 230 a

> couple times. Oil temps are staying normal. Is this a
normal coolant temp

This mail was sent through Sopris Webmail http://webmail.sopris.net