Re: High oil temps...

Gads I hope you're not right about the temps! The last time I saw
an oil temp that high was the night I trashed an aircooled engine.
It was *ugly*.

Seriously, were you racing around in high ambient temps? Did the
temps drop quickly once you backed off the throttle? If the oil
is anywhere near change time (maybe even just changed) I'd get it
changed and inspect what comes out. None of us have spectroscopic
eyes, but you can smell burned oil. Can you get an analysis done?
It will help you if you have problems down the road w/warranty
issues. Do you run synthetic? I don't know if I'd change out
RedLine over those temps, but I'd get the engine looked at.

Best of Luck,

Mike