Re: High Pitched Whine....

That noise is the air induction pump. It is part of the emmissions system
and is normal. It comes on at cold start up and goes off after about 2
minutes. I hear mine mostly as it shuts off, it is not that loud. Yours
could be normal and you are not used to hearing it (usually don't unless
the windows are down or you are standing outside the car as it warms up..)
or it could be going bad. I think it is probally the first though and is
normal....

Sean

---