possible to touch it up (just like touching up your body paint).

Tim Irwin
'98 Jetta GLX
#26 GS PNWR SCCA
http://www.members.home.net/timjennyirwin/tim.htm

<<<<<I took my tire in to get a nail removed and the shop scratched the rim.
After the usual "I am not sure we did that" BS they agreed to fix the
scratch.  My question, is this possible (reapply powder coat at a small
location) and will it look ok or is this just a waste of time?  Any
suggestions for shops that can fix this in the central jersey area?

If this is a steel rim w/ a wheel cover, a good choice would to lightly sand the rim, apply KRYLON spray primer and a Krylon top coat.  I had some badly rusted rims on an old air-cooled VW and did this and the rims looked great 8 years later.  I found Krylon to be the best spray paint at a reasonable price.

--Nate