Re: Rear Brake Caliper Question

<<<Doing the rear pads on my '98 right now, having issues with pushing the
piston back in ... anyone got any tips??  It won't seem to budge at all,
is there some type of valve that prevents the piston from retracting??>>>

This is based on expierence from other makes.  I drive an '85 Jetta w/ rear drum brakes.

Some caliper pistons push straight in.  Some turn (rotate) in.  Pushing one in that rotates w/ a c-clamp, or the like, can damage it.   In either case, open the bleeder bolt to make compresion easier.  Fluid will squirt out the bleeder when the piston moves in.  Hopefully, someone who's done it or has a Bentley manual for rear discs can comment.

--nate wall