Re: new toy

In a message dated 12-Feb-01 13:55:20 Central Standard Time,
jchadwic@ch2m.com writes:

<< I got a new toy this weekend for my birthday. My parents-in-law (is that
how
 you say it??) bought me an electric buffer for the car. Anyone know a good
 wax to buy for it? Also what pads should I get? I have a lot of swirls and
 some scratches I want to get out. Any help would be great, thanks! >>

Me and a couple friends use the Meguiar's line almost exclusively, with
excellent results. Go to Pep Boys, Trak, even NAPA and check out the
offerings, they have everything from compound, to swirl remover to
paint-feeding restorers, to wax. Good stuff. Occasionally, I use the blue
Xymol, the cheap one that you get at Wal*Mart or wherever. Works VERY well
when buffer applied. Get foam pad covers for applying compounds, restorers,
waxes, etc. Be sure to get the kind that have the plastic liner behind the
foam, or you'll be cleaning goo off the buffer head pad all the time, between
applications of different products. Get the terrycloth pad covers to buff off
the wax/sealer/stuff. Or, you can do it with terrycloth towels, like hand
towels. I get mine at Sam's Club, they have institutional 12-packs of towels
for something like $10-12. Get the blue ones, or you'll be bleaching the
white ones all the time.

Enjoy the buffer, and Happy Birthday!

Dave
'88 Jetta coupe