Clicking noise under the hood

Ever since my car was new, I noticed a clicking noise
under the hood when my GLX was idling after a little
driving. When I took her to the stealership mechanic
who looked at it couldn't find a reasonable
explanation for it however he concluded that this is
perfectly normal noise and I shouldn't be concerned.
Since my GLX is running fine, I'm not really worried,
but this noise keeps bugging me and I wonder what is
causing it and how I can stop it. I wonder if any of
you have experienced the same thing, please let me
know what do you think about it.

Cheers

=====
Matt Z. '98 TRed GLX 87K edition.