Re: a/c problems

Mark,

Several things could be wrong. The receiver/dryer doesn't get charged,
it does simply what the name implies. The refridgerant runs through it
where any moisture is trapped. It has the same stuff in it as the
desicant packs you find in the box with electronic goods.

If you can hear the compressor kick in, good. Does the [engine] cooling
fan come on with A/C? Does the air seem cooler when you're moving
along at higher speed? (The compressor is turning at higher RPM and
there's a lot of air moving over the condensor [mounted in front of
the radiator]).

When you say very little air comes out, do you mean the velocity of the
airstream coming from the vents, or the temperature of the air?
Does the velocity change when you change the blower settings?

We can guide you, but will need more info on the symptoms.

Mike