Tips for mechanically lowering window?

Greetings...

My front passenger side window has been working intermittently for the
last 6 months or so, and today I decided to open up the door and take
a look.  The background of the problem is that when I try to activate
the window, I can hear a relay click in the door and the lights dim for
about 2 seconds.  Sometimes it will start working correctly again for
a few days.

Anyway... according to the Bently manual, the window needs to be
lowered in order to remove the window regulator assembly.  Is there a
way to do this mechanically?  I couldn't find an obvious nut on the
motor for this, and the manual is pretty light on details in this area.

Any ideas on this, or on the basic problem, would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stefan