Re: Fog light bulb replacement

<evil laughter>

Ooooh, the dreaded fog light screws :-)

Lemme tell you how much fun I had with mine! The problem: The bumper, which the retaining bit (don't
know technical term) is "attached" to, is plastic of some sort. The retaining bit attaches via two
rather small points, which are rammed into the plastic when the screw is tightened. No problems yet,
right? Hah! When you try to unscrew them, they are almost guaranteed to cut right through the
plastic and spin freely.

What I had to do (you'll love this) is take my vice grips, which conveniently are like 6" long, and
manage to get them in behind the fog light housing inside the bumper and get a death grip on the
retaining bit. Then you can very slowly unscrew the screw, until it slips and you have to get a hold
of it again.

There may be an easier way, involving removal of the bumper... but I managed to get it with my vices
and about an hour of colorful expletives. :-)

Now, this was on the right fog light (as you're looking at the car) and I don't know how the left
one works, what with the tow eye hole thingy there an all.

Anyway, hope this helps a bit. Good luck, Jose!

# Nathan
1996 GLX