Re: Question for you all

In a message dated 23-Apr-01 11:03:25 Central Daylight Time,
dparry@eoscorp.com writes:

<< I recently brought the vehicle to the dealer for an oil change and to look
into the airbag light that keeps coming on. I get the vehicle back and since
have had these following problems. The oil temperature keeps rising to
256-260 degrees, the temperature of the car rises above 230 degrees, the fans
come on and keep running non-stop until the vehicle is shut off and now as of
yesterday the air conditioner blows out warm air. I called the dealer this
morning and he says this is normal
for VR6's, but this never happened before until now.  >>

To put not too fine a point on it: Your dealer is full of shit. What idiots
are you taking this car to, as a warning to other area 'dubbers?

I run Mobil 1 15w50 in my VR6 all summer long, and unless I push it HARD on a
very hot day, the oil temp never rises above 236, and the coolant temp stays
normal. The A/C, while being the less than desirable R-134, still pumps the
chilly air thru the cabin on the hottest days. The cooling fans will run
while the A/C is on, and may run after the car is shut off until the coolant
temp falls below a specified temp.

Cheers,

Dave
'88 Jetta coupe