Re: Trade-in value question on 96 GLX

At 6:44 PM -0700 4/16/01, David Bergesen wrote:
>Oh, forgot to mention I was in a minor accident last week that will
>require new wheels and tires for my car, plus some re-worked body
>cladding.
>
>I'm curious, since I'm talking about trading it in on a new(er) car,
>and since there are some folks on the list who work with/for
>dealerships -what kind of effect that will have on my trade-in
>value? The car is at the body shop right now awaiting parts. Any
>ideas? It's a '96 w/ 86K on the clock.

I don't know about your specific question, but in the state of
Washington, when you trade in a financed car for a leased car, you
get a tax credit... I don't know, it's strange but you might ask your
dealer if there is something like that in your state where you trade
in a financed car for a leased car if you get a tax credit.. it may
make trading the car in more of an option instead of selling it on
the market...
--

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax