New jetta opinion poll... GLX or Wolfsburg?

Okay, it's just about time to turn in the keys to the 96 GLX in favor of a
new car. I'd like some driving impressions from those who have experienced
the VR6 and the STOCK 1.8T. Please.

If you have anything good, bad, or ugly to share it will help, since I've
only experienced the VR6.

I may opt for a late model A4 1.8T over the 2.8 V6, but for some reason I'd
rather take the Jetta w/ a VR6 over the 1.8T. I can't really even explain
the phenomenon... From the numbers, all the engines out of the box will do
0-60 in ~7.0 - 7.4 sec., so the performance is pretty flat just based on
that (I know, really poor indication).

Please let me know how y'all feel about the two engines, please.
David