Colorado Moonlight Drive 4/7 review (long)

If you want to skip the blah, blah part, here are the pictures, provided by
Ian.
http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292796657
Click on the images to see a larger version.

	Well, the 1st ever Colorado H2O Dubbers Moonlight Drive was a bigger
success than I had thought it would be. Thanks to everyone that showed up
and was willing to do something a little different with our drives. Some
asked, why a night drive when you can't see? Well, to enjoy just driving, at
a nice pace. We didn't tear up the canyon with no thought to of our what's
on the other side of the corner, when you can usually see during the day.
This was a drive to enjoy the full moon (well, day before the full moon) and
all that it could show to us. Day drives are great, but sometimes stressful.
This was a cruise to relax, and enjoy what we have here in Colorado. So back
to the drive.
	Dustin Reynolds and I met at my house and went to wash our cars at
the local coin wash. As we were finishing up drying them off, I hear a sound
that could only be one thing, a VR6 with intake and exhaust. To my surprise
it was a couple guys I have met before with a Ginster GTI VR6 and a Black
GTI VR6. So being the freak that I am, I ran down to the gas station they
pulled into and told them to come up to the wash after they were done
filling up. They did and we all chatted for a bit about the dubs and what we
were up to. They were on their way to Georgetown for some nice pics of the
GTI's. We told them about the drive, but their minds were set on the
pictures. So Dustin and I left there, went to my house to pick up my wife
and headed towards Littleton.
	We all ended up meeting at that Safeway parking lot because the
parking lot for Krispy Kreme was nasty. Lines out the door and around the
corner, so no donuts for us. I waved at a 2001 S4 and he followed us in to
the meeting place to see what the heck was going on. I ended up getting a
ride in the S4 (I was an S4 virgin up until that point) and had a blast.
When I arrived there was already some guys there. 1 Fox, 1 Passat, 1 Mk3
Jetta, 1 Mk4 GTI 1.8T and 1 Scooby WRX. Others showed up and we had a total
of about 18 cars when we left. From a VW Fox all the way up to some Mk4
Jettas and Golfs, even the Scooby and Audi A4 felt right at home.
	We headed up C-470 with the sun setting, just cruising along waiting
for the ones that missed the light to catch up. They finally did, and we
were on our way. Heading up the hill to 6th Ave, I saw Marcus in his chipped
Turbo Beetle playing with an older Corvette (80's I believe).
	Once we were on 6th Ave heading towards Golden, we met up with A-Jay
and his red Vento GLX. We all pulled off the side of the road to make sure
everyone was there, and to take a few pictures. All of the looky-loos here
in Colorado had to slow down to see what was going on, accident? cop pulling
us all over?? Nope... just a big line of Volkswagens picking up a straggler.
	Moving on from there we met Lance from BestVW in Boulder in the Golf
1.8T. We kept going on 6th until we turned onto Hwy 72, which after the
turn, we all pulled in behind Troy and his blue Mk4 Jetta 1.8T with the mean
blow-off valve and the Z-28 exhaust, nice. Then he proceeded to whip it out
to use the restroom as God intended us to do, but with all of us behind him,
he couldn't go. So we continued on so Troy could finish up with out us
honking at him anymore (this happened at least twice after that first one).
	We hit 72 with a brisk pace then our field started to break up a
bit. All the guys up front were gone as some of us were behind some people
that were not too sure of the roads. It was fine as I like to just relax
sometimes. Ian can tell you all the exciting things about the Pathfinder he
was trying to keep up with... hehe.
	Once we were about to turn onto Hwy 119, we stopped again to take a
couple pictures with the moon behind us which came out pretty well. From
there we got onto Hwy 119 towards Boulder. Ian picked up some radar and it
turned out to be one of those signs that tells you how fast you are going,
with a cop behind that. Luckily we were all going the speed limit, but
someone in the back of the pack got pulled over. She was let go, and we were
off again. We picked up a fellow dubber that was just driving around in
Nederland and joined the group on the drive to Boulder. His name was Dominic
if I remember right. We gave him a card for our e-mail group so that he will
know about any other drives we might go on.
	We changed the "eating" place from the Rio to CB&Potts because it
was bigger, and the Rio probably couldn't sit 30+ people all at once,
especially on a Saturday night. So some of us went to CB&Potts, had
something to eat, and a beer. We all went our separate ways after that.
	Again, thanks to everybody who showed up and was willing to drive at
night and join the little group. See everybody next time!

Chadwick
95 Vento GLX