Stiff 2nd Gear

I have a 2000 GLX with approx. 3500mi.  Since it was new, the transmission
has seemed unusually stiff.  The mileage I've put on the car has loosened it
up a bit, but I still have trouble shifting from 1st to 2nd and from 3rd
back to 2nd.  The problem seems to be temperature related--much worse the
first 20 min. on a cold morning.

Has anyone else had this problem?  I've had a tech at the dealership drive
it(warm in the afternoon, of course), but he doesn't seem to think
anything's wrong.  I maintain that it's almost impossible to consistently
make a smooth transition between 1st and 2nd gear.  A further bit of
info.--the dealership had to install a new and/or additional mounting
bracket for the transmission after it was delivered to their lot.  Has
anyone else ever heard of this?  Is this part of my problem?

Ian M. Kennedy
North By Northwest Productions
ikennedy@nxnw.net
http://www.nxnw.net
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Kennedy;Ian
FN:Ian Kennedy
ORG:North By Northwest
TITLE:Dir. Post Production & New Media
NOTE;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Film & Video Production=0D=0AFilm & Video Post-Production=0D=0AAudio Post=
=0D=0AMultimedia, DVD, CD-Rom
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(509) 324-2949
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(509) 995-2589
TEL;VOICE:http://www.nxnw.net
TEL;WORK;FAX:(509) 324-2959
ADR;WORK:;;903 W. Broadway;Spokane;WA;99201;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:903 W. Broadway=0D=0ASpokane, WA 99201=0D=0AUnited States of America
URL:http://www.nxnw.net
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:ikennedy@nxnw.net
REV:20000906T201240Z
END:VCARD