RE: Need Jetta Advice

> Do any of you have any advice?  Anything I should look for?
> Any options I can't live without?  any information would be
> appreciated!

TRedGLX mentioned it, but the heated seats are nice.  I don't get to use
them much in NC, but the passenger seat does keep a pizza fairly warm. :)

> How does that rain sensing wiper system work?  Is the sensor
> in the windshield?  Does that cost about a million dollars to
> replace if you get a rock chip?

I have the rain sensor and I've found it to be quite nice.  It does seem to
lag at times, and then others it goes crazy if a big drop of water falls
from a tree.  Still, I've driven in heavy downpours and it performed nicely.
As far as having the windshield replaced - I've had mine replaced twice now.
The only thing to be wary of is to be *extra* sure that they are giving you
a GLX windshield.  Anything else, and it won't have to cutout for the rain
sensor 'eye'.  I had an incident with a rock and they replaced the
windshield, after which the auto-sensing wipers did not work.  I took the
car back and they called VW (with my VIN) and got a GLX windshield.
Everything has worked perfect since then (this was Binswanger Glass in
Charlotte, NC - excellent work, even with the mix up).

So, to answer your question - no it doesn't cost a fortune (the sensor is in
the rear view mirror)... and most of the time your insurance will cover the
replacement anyway.

Hope this helps..