Overheating problem solved

Not to long ago I posted a message stating that I was having trouble with my
car overheating. I came to the conclusion that the problem was either the
thermostat or the water pump. We'll since I purchased the extended warranty
for my car, I decided to take it to the dealer. It turns out that the problem
was a bad thermostat. They ended up replacing the thermostat and the housing
and it ran me $50 (the warranty deductible) plus $15 for the coolant. If I
didn't have the extended warranty it would have cost me $50 for the
thermostat, $100+ for the housing and god knows how much for the labor. I
know someone had posted that they wanted to replace the thermostat
themselves, be forwarned, one of the mechanics had told me that when they
replace the thermostat they usually end up replacing the housing to. If they
don't, the car usually comes back within the year because of leaking from the
thermostat housing. I hope this helps anyone out there with similar problems.

VWNobby
97 Jetta GLX - Black