Re: Road RAge

Seann,

My suggestion is to get involved with your local SCCA, and start participating in
Solo II competition.

I know that this might sound odd, but believe me, it works. It has allowed me to be
more technical when driving; it has allowed me to be more competitive when in a
sanctioned area; it allows me to "use up" all of my aggression when driving in a
safe and designed area; for me, it takes away some, if not all of my daily
frustrations when driving behind/around people that don't have a clue;

This is only a suggestion, but have found for myself and alot of my friends, to
have helped.

It heightens your awareness on the road; teaches you to look ahead; take in the
whole picture while driving, not just what the immediate ahead of you is; this, for
me, has helped with an overall serenity when driving on US roads;

I also have the added benefit of driving when i travel to Europe on business; those
people in Europe, know how to drive!!!!!!!!! I have actually been scared when
driving on a daily basis in Italy :)

I don't want to paint some rosy picture of Solo II; i am as guilty as the next
person about sometimes, no matter what the people around me are doing while
driving, I GET PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!

That is human.....

Just remember, to be safe when driving; someday when you have a family, and your
kids in the back seat; and you will see some ASSHOLE being unsafe, you and your
families safety is in the hands of someone else!!!!!

That guy in that car, maybe a person driving and pissed off like you are today.

this is just my $0.02

chris collier
collier@iglou.com