Re: brakes brakes brakes

How often you replace your pads and/or rotors depends on a lot of things, most
importantly your style of driving.  It also greatly depends on what kind of pads
and rotors you use.  Some people like to go with really hard pads, because it
cuts down on brake dust, and they don't like to clean their wheels.  I prefer to
use soft pads, because they brake you better.  When places like Midas promise
you pads that are guaranteed for life, they use really hard ones, that will not
stop you as well, and also will wear down your rotors.  Harder pads will cut
into your rotors, it's just a matter of physics.  You have two metals wearing on
each other, and the softer one is going to go away faster.  If you use soft
pads, they will stop you very quickly, and they will wear down faster than hard
pads, but you will probably never have to replace your rotors.  But you will
have to clean the dust off of your wheels more often than with hard pads.  It's
just a matter of preference.  I also wouldn't recommend cross drilled rotors,
but that's another story.

Cab
97glx
72bug