Re: [VW-VR6] Silly GT

Around 2am two days ago im at a light on rt.1 crossing 95.  I always hit this
light late at night and always wondered why no one ever pulls up next to me,
its a perfect little drag spot.  I reach over to switch cd's (long light)
when i hear this rumble next to me.  Looks like an early 90's 5.0.  I know
these things are wicked fast, but ask ne if i care.  Her (yup her) windows
are tinted, the hood looked almost fake (fiberglass?), the rear tires were
gigantic, and i saw what looked like a shift light.  Now when i see a shift
light in a civic, i laugh b/c its for looks...but having a few choice trips
out to Long Island has shown me that these older 'stangs dont mess around.  I
bring revs a tad under 2500 and the stang starts to actually rattle back and
forth.  This is gonna hurt i think when the light drops green.  Perfect
launch by me and im out ahead by a lenght and a half.  Very shocked i look
over and see nothing but a thick cloud of milky white smoke...i mean i
couldnt see a thing!  Finally the beast catc
hes traction and rockets a half a lenght ahead of me.  Middle of 2nd gear i
gain a little ground, and even though i was pulling real strong top of 3rd, i
didnt gain any and the stang had me.  My first loss, but i dont feel bad
about it...with a proper hookup, that thing wouldve humiliated me as
expected.  Fun stuff.