Silly GT

This is a race story, so if you don't want to hear about it, please delete.

This story happened this morning on my way to work here in the Denver area.
I take off from the house at 6:45 this morning, tired from the night before.
I'm turning onto Wadsworth towards 6th Ave. off of Alameda. It's a 2 lane
turn onto Wadsworth which is 3 lanes. I'm behind 2 cars and the light turns
green. My lane goes into the right lane, everyone in the next lane jumps
into the left lane, so the middle lane is open for me to pass everyone. Once
I get to pass the 2 slow ass cars in front of me the Mustang GT that was in
the left lane cuts me off. I swerve into the left lane (I didn't feel like
hitting the brakes) to pass the GT. I'm just cruising at a normal speed and
get to where I can speed up a little to pass her. Then I hear her hit the
gas so I can't get in front of her. I need to pass her because there is a
car coming up in my lane. I downshift to 2nd and take her by surprise and
pass her and switch 2 lanes into the far right lane (yes, I use my turn
signal).
The next light turns red and I'm in the right lane, and this dumb bit...
woman is in the middle lane next to me. She looks over at me once we stop
and I shake my head at her, basically saying she shouldn't have done that.
She looks forward and waits for the light to turn green. It seemed like to
me that she had an automatic because she let the brake off too soon and
started to move forward (flat road) and then had to stop because the light
wasn't changing. I put my revs up to between 2500 & 3000 rmps and wait for
the light. The light turns green and she gets the jump on me. I had a very
bad launch on this one, which doesn't happen too often. I finish off first
and hit 2nd with a little chirp (tires aren't warm yet) and start to pass
her slow ass GT. I get up next to her and look over at her and shake my head
once again. After I pass her all the way she gets behind me and turns into
the Einstein Bagels just before the 6th Ave. exit.
I just laugh for a little while because that is the 2nd GT that I've beaten
in my Jetta.
On another note, if you see somebody trying to merge onto the highway and
you are right there, please either move into the lane to the left, or just
slow down and let them in. I had some lady in a Civic not let me in this
morning and I almost ran into the guard rail. Good thing I have a faster car
than her. Just a thought for the day.

Chadwick
95 Jetta GLX