Alarm and interior light

Hello all,

Last night around 1:30am, I woke up to find a policeman knocking on my
door.  Apparently, the alarm on my '96 GLX was going off several times.
(I couldn't hear it from inside).  It even went off when he was looking
for the car (that's how he found it - the neighbor thought it was a
black Mercedes!).

So, I hop out of bed and take the keys out there to check it out.
Everything looked fine...the doors, trunk, and hood were all shut.  But
the strange thing is the interior light was still on!  It wouldn't go off
no matter what I did.  I opened and shut all the doors as well
as the trunk.  Eventually I had to manually turn off the light via the
switch.

Anyway, does anyone know why the light might not be going off, and if that
might have something to do with tripping the alarm?  I was
thinking that maybe one of the sensors in the doors is going bad,
therefore thinking the door is open and keeping the light on.

Thanks for any suggestions!

-Dave