oil change woes (THEY'RE BACK!!!)

All,

Some of you may recall some time ago I changed my oil and began complaining
of a rubbing noise (whump-whump) upon start-up. It started on the first
start up in the garage when I was finished changing the oil and installing
the Whipple Turn II. Ever since, the noise has occurred upon 96% of AM
start-ups. About 1 of 30 of those also made the Oil Pressure light come on.
Every so often I checked the oil level and added a few drops for good
measure, but without any resolution to the problem.

Today I changed my oil again. I carefully inspected everything under the
car, and ensured the filter housing and drain plug were nice and snug to
prevent any pressure loss. The major thing I noticed was oil residue around
the edge of the sump on the inboard side. The hex bolts around the edge were
fairly well coated, and the bottom of the sump had some oil residue on it as
well. I am concerned of a leaking gasket - unfortunately I can't get into
the GTI site to look at the gasket replacement threads because
"driver/hired" is not working. The WORST part of this story is that the
initial start up was accompanied by the same noise, lasting at least TWICE
as long as before, enough to make the oil pressure light flash FOUR or FIVE
times!!!!!!!

I am VERY concerned, and I would like some words of advice/reassurance. I
haven't yet told the car she's leaving next year to make room for an M3, so
she can't be trying to get back at me...

Please Help.

-DJ