RE: US vs. European drivers...

At 5:18 PM -0700 10/2/2000, Darren Gibbons wrote:
>  > (Anyone see a drive-in theater in Europe? I've never seen one)
>
>I think this has more to do with property values than social norms.  Here in
>BC, as property values have gone up, more and more drive-ins have been
>replaced with PinkStuccoInstaCommunityCondoProjects(tm).  I think there's
>only one drive-in left in the province.
>
>I'd imagine that Europe, with it's considerably higher proportion of
>people:space that this would be the main issue.

Yes, that's exactly my point. With more miles driven per capita than
most countries (thanks to the combination of our relatively lower
population density  with our decent roads with our large country,
people want to tend to do more in their cars, hence TV's and game
consoles, and screaming children in the back asking "are we there
yet?") it's not surprising that Americans try to do more in their
cars, and hence have more accidents per 100,000 cars.

When you consider that we have more cars per capita than any other
nation, that would perhaps skew the values even higher for the USA.

-Khan
--

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax