Kuhmo impressions (long)

This is a long post, so if you don't want to know about the tires, delete it
now.

Some of you wanted to know my impressions of the Kuhmo Ecstas. So far I
really like them. It's been raining yesterday and today and they handle
great in the wet weather. I got a little open road this morning on the way
to work so I thought I'd take the speed up a notch. I cut around a 323i (at
a safe distance) to get in an open lane and take off. Smooth as silk. I went
through a deep puddle yesterday and no hydroplaning what so ever.

My wife and I went for a drive on Sunday afternoon and they were great in
the corners. I didn't drive quite as hard as the last drive with the
Colorado listers, but I know they would have kept up.

I took off hard a couple of times (ok a lot!) and there was hardly any
slippage. I power shifted into 2nd and I got a little bark out of her. I was
racing a Firebird Formula V8 down C-470 and we hit about 120 mph (speedo
still not working) and it was a smooth ride.

If you are looking for a tire that doesn't cost too much I would recommend
them. I got them for $59/ tire at Discount Tire in the stock size of
205/50/15 and they are Z-rated. I don't have any other tire to compare them
with besides the Dunlop GT Qualifiers so obviously they would kick ass in my
opinion.

John Chadwick
CH2MHILL
Engineering Design