RE: [VW-VR6] Do not open "I L0VE Y0U" email attachments

Yeah, this happened to our travel center. Different building than us. It
crashed their server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Holland J. Phillips [mailto:hjp@pacbell.net]
Sent: May 04, 2000 4:03 PM
To: veearesix; Ian Frechette
Cc: list@gti-vr6.net; VW-VR6@egroups.com
Subject: [VW-VR6] Do not open "I L0VE Y0U" email attachments

veearesix wrote:

> Now contrary to 1 year ago to all those who bitched about getting these
> warnings-
> HEED
> I watched this go through our office this morning and it came from another
> office
> through our national  network. I cought wind when there was a .vbs after
the
> .TXT
> used to make you think it is a text file. Its real guys and for those who
> learned
> about it here first before they got infected owe a great thanks to ian.

Just came from lunch at my favorite deli, right in the heart of the Silicon
Valley, and from what I overheard, this is the REAL deal.  Major MAJOR
problems, and around here, we're talking BILLIONS of dollars in lost
productivity.  I hope all the sys admins had their backup routines working
last night!

Now, if everyone ran a Mac, these problems wouldn't be problems!

--Holland
Forced Failure Racing
Don't Ask MotorSports
hjp@pacbell.net
a2_16V List Owner
a2_16v@netsville.net
San Jose, California

http://click.egroups.com/1/3555/4/_/652355/_/957480097/

For member info, links, the list calendar, and file uploads, click the
following link:

http://www.onelist.com/community/VW-VR6