Do I need all-season?

So I've ordered P7000 summers.  I live here in Northern California...
I'm not screwing myself over by going with a summer tire, right?  I mean
these things HAVE to be better in the wet than the GAs...or at least
I hope.  By the time the rains come around again, I suppose I can afford a
set of all-seasons, but for those that are in the area, is this really
necessary?

--
                               John A. Kilpatrick
john@hypergeek.net                Email|     http://www.hypergeek.net/