Re: [VW-A3-2L] V1 Detector

Some tints do affect the transmission of the signals it detects as does some
glass.  If you go to the Valentine website, theres info there on it.

Ideally, you need to mount it in the center of the car so it can see out of the
back and front window.  My thought was to mount it on the dash surface under a
'box' that would look like a tray, hiding the V1 from view - its remote display
and controlls mounted elsewhere in the dash or behind a piece of tinted plastic
at the back end of the box making it invisible when off.  If mounted around the
mirror, its still visible (unless you remove it when you park - a hassle in my
mind) and you need to consider what you particular tinting does - I think (can
someone verify) that the factory VW tint on the windscreen is ok - add on tints
are not so good, which can be a problem if you have had the back and side
windows tinted dark.

Thomas