RE: Alarm Question....

Jeff-

Most shops told me the same thing but a full alarm like a Clifford or Viper
alarm will interface nicely ( and probally most other brands).  The
question is one of the installer being able to intergrate to the stock
system, and the brand of the aftermarket alarm is not really important.
Just keep looking for a shop installer to ask, NOT A SALESMAN.  My
aftermarket arms the VW alarm and vs. versa, and a trigger will set off
both alarms. The only thing that is hard to do SAFELY is to re-use the
factory window roll up/down. It can be done, but I did not trust the set up
(pulse realay timers etc) and avoided it. I have spoken to others who had
it done and it wore out the window motors very fast.  Keep looking untill
you find a shop that you feel comfotable with, it is definately worth the
effort.  Once you find a shop, have them re-wire the trunk pop button in
the center console to switched 12V instead of constant. It can be done
easily at the fuse panel when they are down there and this way your trunk
is protected if you do not always remember to ock the little console (like
me..). A cheap peace of mind type item.

Sean

P.S.-What state do you live in, I may be able to recommend some shops that
I know will do the job correctly.

Well now that I am starting to mod up my GLX VR6 I am ready to get an alarm.
I know the factory has an add-on keyless alarm option but that doesn't sound
to secure. I want to get an alarm that will be able to pop my trunk and
close all my windows and sunroof just like the central locking key system.
What systems are the best for these Ideas, i have gone to a few local stereo
shops but they have been telling me that i can not add aftermarket keyless
entry to my vw and that my factory alarm will interfere with my aftermarket
one.