Re: Central locking system problem

At 11:29 PM -0500 03/21/2000, David Carter wrote:
>Hey everyone,
>     When I try to lock my doors from the drivers side, by turning the
>key, the drivers door will lock but the others won't. I can hear the
>system trying to lock the other doors without any success. Any ideas or
>suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
>Dave Carter
>95 GLX

You've got a leak somewhere in your vacuum system. Try to lock it,
and then carefully walk around your car listening for where the leak
may be happening (by listening for a rush of air). You might find
that the locking pin on your gas door might be one location (if your
gas door doesn't lock, then that's clearly not it) or it could be one
of the doors.

You'll need some replacement vacuum hosing or a new locking pin
mechanism if one of these sprung a leak. Otherwise, you're looking at
a disconnected hose somehow.

-Khan

Khan Klatt                                         khan@mediaaccess.com

Media Access Internet Solutions, Inc.		      888.750.0777 tel
http://www.mediaaccess.com			      425.519.3741 fax