From: Sean M. Brereton [mailto:smb355@optonline.net]
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 4:42 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Trunk Pop Light? Central locking button upgrade?

I have two things that I am looking for input on, both small interior
details:

1) Does the trunk pop button inside the mini-center console light up when
you turn your lights on? Also, has anyone re-wired it so it only works with
the ignition on? It seems dumb that VW made it so it is always active. This
means that locking your seat backs is useless since a thief only has to
break a window and use the trunk release button to gain access to your
trunk.  The rewire seems simple, just looking to see if someone did it and
if they have any hints.

2) The '95 GLX's did not have a central locking button on the dash, but I
have seen newer ones that have it in the row with the defroster buttons,
where I have a blank or two. Has anyone had luck in retro fitting a '95
car? If so, is it a case of the harness already being there and just buying
the switch, or do you have to go and interface with the locking system and
run wires up into the dash to feed the switch?

Any help on either subject would be good and save me a lot of head
scratching in my driveway!! Thanks....

Sean
'95 GLX (DRVR FND Edition)