Garrett Chip Impressions

Well, I was in San Jose for business this past week and stayed a few extra
days and purchased a G-Chip from Tim at New Dimensions while I was there.  I
know all of you have already heard countless testimonials about the G-Chip,
but I wanted to give mine just in case there were still people out there
wondering what it was really like (just like I was).

After a fresh fill up with Amoco 93, I installed it yesterday and drove
around town quite a bit and basically the results are a little on the subtle
side, but I guess that's kind of what I was expecting all along.  Among the
things I noticed were a smoother idle, improved throttle response, yadda
yadda yadda, but 2nd gear is definitely a screamer, especially when your at
4k and you punch it you can definitely feel then extra power right there.
And of course an increased rev limiter which was pretty cool testing that
out!  First gear takeoffs are stronger too, as in, the car doesn't bog down
in that 1-2,000rpm dead zone like it did before.  Now it's more prone to
just take off and get going.

Granted I only have about one day of driving it under my belt, so maybe it
is still adapting (2 full days according to the Garrett) but I now know what
people meant by better "driveability".  It just climbs through the rpms
smoother then before with less fluctuations in power then the stock chip.
All in all I am very satisfied with it.

Also,
Thanks to Tim at New Dimensions for answering all my silly questions and
having the chip ready for me when he said he would - I will definitely buy
from him again.  Oh, and thanks for the great directions to Monterey Bay!

Brian Rahrig - '98 Porcelain Blue GTI VR6 (Finally Garrettized Edition!)
Singlepoint Systems, Inc.
614.717.0790