RE: First Blood...

Mike sez>

> Has anyone else had to do this? How much of a PITA is it to replace the
> antenna?

First, sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident.  My wife nailed my
Jetta backing out of the garage, in our own driveway, six months ago, so
I kinda know how you feel.  $1250 later all's fine.

However, I would also like to know how difficult the antenna install is.
I think my amplifier is toast on my antenna, or there is a wiring short
between the head unit and the antenna, and I want to replace the whole
works this month, before baseball season starts (and my desire for good
quality am radio reception is at its peak!)

I think a good source for the new antenna would probably be Antenna
World:  http://www.antennaworld.com.  They list several Fuba antennas from
$46-$135, however, the Jetta looks like it should need an antenna on the
lower end of this scale.  I'm sending them email to see what they recommend
for my particular situation.

Steve Belt - Scotts, AZ
1998 VW Jetta GLX