Re: Sticking Ignition...

Khan:

What ever you do - do not use WD40 on your ignition lock on the steering
wheel.  WD40 will eventually gum up your lock cylinder pins, which is
probably the problem your having now. If you spray WD40 into a lock it will
appear to work better better it will attract more dirt particles into the
lock mechanism.  What you should do is get a good quality graphite based
lock lubercant and spray it into your lock using the ignition key to open
the lock area. Spray the cleaner lubricant into your lock using a very small
straw like tube. Make sure to work the lubercant into the lock cylinders by
drawing the key in and out of the lock cylinder.  Also periodically clean
your ignition key - make sure its clean because some times it will collect
dirt which will be deposited into the cylinder of the lock. WD40 is a useful
product just don't use it in locks.

Dr. Bob